We Specialize In High-Asset Divorces
When the stakes are high and there are substantial assets involved in a divorce, choose divorce counsel with experience. If you don’t select the best team to serve as your advisers, you risk losing financial stability. Astor Weiss Kaplan & Mandel LLP is prepared to represent you when you require professional assistance that is also of the highest caliber.
For more than 68 years, we have defended clients in difficult divorce cases all around the Philadelphia region. When it comes to serving our clients, we uphold a tradition of excellence. Our staff frequently tackles a range of intricate challenges related to high-asset divorce.
Family Law Representation That Serves All Of The Needs Of The Client
Divorce, custody, and other family law issues are uniquely personal and difficult to face. Therefore, the attorney you hire to represent you needs to be caring and tactful, as well as legally savvy. It can sometimes be difficult to find attorneys who meet these criteria, but this is exactly what you can expect when you contact Astor Weiss Kaplan & Mandel LLP.
Here is a brief overview of our family law department and how it operates:
- We have eight attorneys and two paralegals on our family law team.
- We are experienced, serving many generations since 1954.
- We are smart and knowledgeable but very practical.
- Our knowledge of the law is up to date, and we are on top of the latest rules and decisions.
- We tell it like it is and do not give you unrealistic expectations of outcomes.
- We are caring about the family as an important unit in our society and realize the human cost, as well as the financial cost, of a separation or divorce.
- We are ethical but protective of our clients.
- We work closely with other departments here in our medium-sized firm, since so many family law cases cut across departments; such as, real estate, personal injury, estate planning, taxes and business.
- We are involved in professional associations, such as the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
If these sound like the qualities you are seeking in a family law attorney, we invite you to meet with us and learn more about how we can help.
Ready To Provide Comprehensive Family Law Services And Representation
Our team of eight family law attorneys and two paralegals can help you with nearly any issue you may be facing, including matters related to:
- Divorce litigation
- Divorce mediation
- Child custody and child support
- Relocation with children and other matters that might require custody modification
- Grandparents’ custody and visitation rights
- Cohabitation agreements for unmarried couples
- Prenuptial agreements for soon-to-be married couples
- Complex asset division issues facing same-sex couples
- Adoption assistance for same-sex parents and stepparents
- Addressing domestic violence allegations
Each case is unique, and we customize our representation to each client’s needs. We are here to provide as much or as little help as your case requires.
Talk To Family Law Attorneys Who Listen And Care
If you’d like to learn more about how our family law attorneys can help you and your children, please contact us to schedule your initial consultation. Call us in the greater Philadelphia area at 215-790-0100 or reach out online.
Frequently Asked Questions In High-Asset Divorce Cases
Is alimony awarded in high-asset divorces?
When the assets awarded to a spouse will generate interest, income or dividends which will meet the reasonable needs and expenses of that spouse, courts may decide that alimony should not be awarded.
Is the percentage division of assets different in high-asset divorces?
While there is no set rule with regard to the percentage division, courts are more inclined to divide the assets equally between the parties when the assets of the parties are substantial.
When should experts get involved in the case?
When the income of a spouse is from multiple sources or involves complicated tax considerations, it is advisable to retain a forensic accountant to assist the attorney in identifying all available sources of income.
If there is a business involved, it is advisable for a business valuation expert to be retained to value the business as well as assist the attorney in understanding the internal operations of the business and how these operations may impact the distribution of assets.
Are there alternative dispute resolution resources available to keep my case out of court?
Private arbitration is sometimes preferred by divorcing spouses in high-asset cases. One advantage is that the case is not subject to the lengthy wait times in the courts. Further, private arbitration can limit publicity surrounding the divorce.
What can Astor Weiss Kaplan & Mandel LLP provide for me that other lawyers cannot?
In addition to our well-respected and qualified family law lawyers, Astor Weiss Kaplan & Mandel LLP is a full-service law firm with sophisticated estate, real estate and business lawyers. These lawyers are available to assist you when your divorce involves trusts, business valuation and real estate matters.