- Family Law
- Business Litigation
Julia Morrow provides strong, dedicated and effective representation to clients in all areas of family law, including divorce, custody, support, equitable distribution and protection from abuse procedures; as well as in business litigation matters, in Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester and Bucks Counties. She is a tireless advocate and counselor, whose life and work experiences have uniquely qualified her to obtain justice and peace of mind for her clients.
After receiving high academic honors in both college and law school, Ms. Morrow started her legal career serving the public, working as an Assistant District Attorney in Philadelphia, where she prosecuted cases for 5 1/2 years. During that time, Ms. Morrow handled criminal prosecutions in Juvenile Court, and prosecuted cases in the Narcotics and Major Trials Units. She also served as a Deputy Attorney General in the Drug Strike Force Unit of the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office, where she oversaw the investigations of large scale drug operations, and supervised a wiretap which resulted in multiple convictions.
Once in private practice, Ms. Morrow gained extensive experience in business litigation, but ultimately chose to focus her primary efforts upon family law. This is because, at the end of the day, all roads in life lead back to the family unit; and people get hurt the most when that falters.
Clients and their children need compassion, and tough, yet practical, advocacy to give them a voice and the strength to persevere through such difficult times as those resulting from divorce. And sometimes, equally as important as that ability to fight is one to recognize when settlement is the best solution for all. During a hiatus from private practice, Ms. Morrow had the pleasure and honor of presiding over divorce cases as a Permanent Arbitrator in Divorce in Philadelphia Family Court for over two years, during which time she took pride in helping litigants find common ground in order to settle their differences in a manner which benefitted them both.
Ms. Morrow is committed and qualified to provide the representation needed in any given situation to accomplish her clients' goals.
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: cum laude
- Temple University, Philadelphia
- B.A. - 1991
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Distinction in Major - conferred by department faculty
- Pennsylvania, 1994
- New Jersey, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Bucks County Bar Association, Member
Classes & Seminars
- Personal Injury Potpourri, Dispute Resolution Institution, November 2014
- Personal Injury Potpourri, Dispute Resolution Institution, April 2015
- Montgomery County Child Advocacy Project, 2013 to 2020
- Friedman Schuman, Principal, 2007 to 2015
- Philadelphia District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1994 to 1999