Jennifer M. Breton
- Estate Planning 40%
- Estate Administration 40%
- Trust Administration 15%
- Litigation 5%
Jennifer Breton is a partner in the firm and concentrates her practice in the area of estate planning, estate administration, trust administration, and taxation. She enjoys creative problem solving and simplifying complicated concepts for her clients.
Jennifer is a licensed member of the bar in Pennsylvania and is also admitted to practice in the United States Tax Court, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. Jennifer frequently teaches CLE programs for attorneys and offers programs for the public, on topics related to estate planning, estate administration, and tax. She also offers pro bono estate planning services to first responders through the Wills for Heroes program.
Before joining the firm, Jennifer was a partner in a Chester County law firm in the Trusts and Estates department. After graduating from law school, Jennifer started her career as a litigation associate for a Montgomery County firm, and later served as General Counsel for a funding company. Jennifer then started her own practice, Jennifer Breton Law, where she focused on estate planning, business, real estate, and estate administration.
Jennifer is an active member of her community, where she was elected to the Caln Township Board of Commissioners (2016-2020) and served as Vice President of the Board of Commissioners (2016-2017), and then as President of the Board of Commissioners for the remaining three years of her four year term. Jennifer also volunteered with the Fund for Women and Girls and the animal rescue organization Spay 'n Save. She was most recently appointed to serve as a Trustee for the Downingtown Library Board of Trustees.
Jennifer graduated from West Chester University in West Chester, Pennsylvania, in 1999 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor concentration in Communications. While at West Chester University, Jennifer was selected to serve as a Student Trustee for the University Council of Trustees. Jennifer received her J.D. in 2002, from Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware, where she notably served as Editor-in-Chief of the Widener Law Symposium Journal. Jennifer also served as an academic support tutor, participated in the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition, and studied abroad in Geneva, Switzerland. While in Geneva, Jennifer interned with the Women's World Summit Foundation.
Later, to enhance her practice, Jennifer went back to school and received her Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation and an Estate Planning Certificate from Temple University Beasley School of Law in Philadelphia (2020). While at Temple, Jennifer was awarded the Distinguished Class Participation distinction as well as the Faculty Award. She also competed in the American Bar Association Law Student Tax Challenge, and won first place.
In her free time, Jennifer enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her husband and three children.
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: Academic Support Tutor, Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court
- Honors: Study abroad Geneva, Switzerland
- Honors: Intern, Women’s World Summit Foundation
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- LL.M. Taxation, Estate Planning Certificate - 2020
- Honors: Distinguished Class Participation, Faculty Award, Academic Support Tutor
- Honors: American Bar Association Law Student Tax Challenge: First Place
- West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1999
- Honors: Student Trustee, Council of Trustees
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Communication
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council, Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Present
- Chester County Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee; Tax Committee Chairperson, Present
- Downingtown Library Board of Trustees, 2023 to Present
- Wills for Heroes, 2015 to Present
- Buckley Brion McGuire & Morris, LLP, Partner, 2000 to 2003
- Jennifer Breton Law, Managing Attorney, 2014 to 2020
Classes & Seminars
- Special Needs Trusts 101, World Financial Group, 2023 to 2023
- Pennsylvania Medicaid Asset Planning, National Business Institute, 2023 to 2023
- Basic Tax Concerns in Drafting Wills & Trusts, National Business Institute, 2021 to 2021
- Pennsylvania Wills and Trusts, Naitonal Business Institute, 2020 to 2020
- Telework & Taxation, TMACC, 2020 to 2020
- Probate from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, 2018 to 2018
- "Top Lawyer" Wills and Trusts for Main Line Today
- Estate Planners Don't Need to be Insecure About SECURE 2.0, Chester County Bar Association New Matter, Q2, 2023