Mullineaux is a partner who practices commercial law and Intellectual Property law, including complex litigation and technology law and computer law.
In litigation, Mr. Mullineaux has a very successful record of taking cases to a final verdict and as lead trial counsel has won multi-million dollar verdicts in business cases. Has tried first chair cases of commercial litigation, patent infringement, trademark infringement, international arbitration, adversary actions in bankruptcy courts, officers and directors liability, lender liability, securities litigation and appellate litigation.
Mr. Mullineaux also handles commercial contracts, corporate governance, software and technology licensing, and negotiating inbound and outbound technology-related transactions and is general counsel for an IT firm and provides advice on the operation of client’s computer/software business and its technology. He handled a patent/stock transaction for an invention of medicine that treats depression.
Mr. Mullineaux currently represents an inventor in patent infringement claims against 16 telecommunications companies with $600 million of damages, a separate telecommunications case involving a breach of contract and fraud by a major carrier. He handled trademark infringement cases regarding the use of a domain name, in the construction business and roofing business. He has tried many cases on the issue of enforceability of a covenant not to compete and a variety of breach of contract claims.
He has defended officers and directors sued for allegedly participating in fraudulent conveyances and has tried employment cases, including claims of sexual discrimination in remuneration, age discrimination, failure to provide benefits, failure to pay compensation due under a contract, failure to pay a full amount under a retirement and severance agreement.
He has tried cases concerning ownership of “stop-loss” insurance book of business and has had a statute held unconstitutional because it retroactively changed the rights of employees.Education
- Shippensburg Univeristy, B.S.B.A. Finance, Summa Cum Laude, 1981
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 1984
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U. S. District Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U. S. District Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U. S. District Court for New Jersey
- American Bar Association; Co-chair Philadelphia Intellectual Roundtable Presentations which hosts and directs six seminars a year
- Montgomery County Bar Association; intellectual property committee
- Chester County Bar Assocation Chairman of Lawyer Referral Committee (1998-2003)
- Philadelphia Entrepreneurs’ Forum; Member and and former Board of Director member (1998-2005)