Gerald Schorr is a partner in the firm and devotes his practice to family law, his exclusive area of practice since becoming a member of the Pennsylvania bar in 1984. He co-chairs the Firm’s Family Law/Domestic Relations group. His practice involves the negotiation and/or litigation of the full gamut of family law issues, including such complex areas as international custody disputes, interstate enforcement of support orders, same-sex property division, and valuation of businesses and professional practices in equitable distribution.
- Rutgers College, B.A.,1972
- Temple University, Department of Religion, Ph.D. candidate, college and university lecturer
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1984
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Served as a Tutor, English as a second language
- Served on the Board of Directors of Pennsylvania Pro Musica
- Served on the Board of Directors of Friends of Elkins Park Free Library
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Cheltenham Township Library
- Serves on the Board of Directors, Civil Rights Committee, and Intergroup Task Force of the Delaware Valley Chapter of Anti-Defamation League
Presentations and Publications
- Mr. Schorr has served as chairperson of the Equitable Distribution Committee of the Family Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association, has chaired numerous programs on family law practice, has written numerous articles on family law issues, and has lectured on family law to, and authored materials for, the Family Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He is currently writing a book on divorce.