Click on image for bio
Julie A. Auerbach is a partner in the firm, with her practice focused in the area of Family Law. Ms. Auerbach practices in the counties of Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Bucks, and has written and lectured extensively on the subject of family law.
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1989
- Rutgers University School of Law at Camden, J.D., 1992
- New Jersey
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Serves as a legal affiliate for the Women’s Resource Center
- Serves on the Board of Directors of the Supportive Older Women’s Network (SOWN)
- Chair of the Glenolden Shade Tree Commission
Presentations and Publications
- Article: Superior Court Cracks Open the Door for Discovery of Mental Health Records. 8/13/2020 Click Here
- Article: You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling, Now How Do You Sever Your Financial Ties. 8/2020. Click Here
- Article: Distinguishing Between Corporal Punishment and Abuse in Custody Disputes. 2/27/2020. Click Here
- She was a presenter at the “ART of Baby making in the 21st Century” at the Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section 2019 Winter Meeting . Click Here
- Article: “Can Acts of Generosity Become Legal Support Obligations?” Click here
- Article: “Defending a Protection from Abuse case involving children” Click Here
- She has been a regular contributor to the Legal Intelligencer, having written articles on a variety of topics across the spectrum of family law.
- 10/3/2017 – “Beware of language disclosure clauses in property settlement agreements” Click here
- 4/25/2016 – “Online Now or Tonight on CNN WFMZ-TV at 7pm: “Child Custody in High Tech: When Rules of Divorced Households Differ” Click here
- Fall 2015 – “Dissecting a Business Valuation – Understanding Valuations in Client Representations Without a Business Background” – Originally published in the Fall 2015 of Philadelphia Lawyer, click here for the full article.
- 9/24/15 – “Managing Clients’ Psychological Responses to Divorce and Child Custody Disputes” Family Lawyer Magazine, click here for the full article.
- 8/04/15 – “When Does Family Law Become Criminal Law?” The Legal Intelligencer, click here for the full article.
- 6/23/15 – “Does Receipt of Disability Income Mean No Earning Capacity?” The Legal Intelligencer, click here for the full article.
- 5/21/15 – “50/50 Physical Custody: Does One Size Fit All?” The Legal Intelligencer, click here for the full article
- She has made several appearances on the television shows Law Journal and CN8 Money Matters, where she has discussed various family law issues.
- She has been a speaker for many Pennsylvania Bar Institute Continuing Education family law seminars.
- Speaker at 2015 PICPA (Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants) Divorce Conference. Click here to read more.