Click on image for bio
David Grunfeld is Of Counsel to the firm, with his practice focused on the areas of Family law, Commercial Litigation and Collections, Bankruptcy, Estate Planning and Administration and Professional Responsibility. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Grunfeld was a sole practitioner.
Mr. Grunfeld is well known in the legal community for his knowledge of legal ethics and has been asked to serve as an expert witness in litigation concerning this issue.
- Lehigh University, B.S.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1968
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. Supreme Court
- Member and former Chair (1993) of the Family Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association
- Long-time member of the Professional Guidance Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Family Services of Montgomery County
- In 1995 and 2012, Mr. Grunfeld received the Philadelphia Bar Association Family Law Section Award
- Philadelphia Bar Association PNC Wealth Management Achievement Award in 2018
Presentations and Publications
- Long-time speaker and writer for Continuing Legal Education classes for attorneys for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and other organizations
- Author of a chapter in Bankruptcy Issues in Matrimonial Cases, published in 1992
- Serves as an ethics columnist for Philadelphia Lawyer magazine and Philadelphia Bar Reporter newspaper
- Previously served as editor-in-chief of the Philadelphia Bar magazine and newspaper
- Served as President of the Board of Family Services
- Served as President of the Philadelphia Jaycees