Commercial and IP Attorney
Mr. Mullineaux is a partner and has practiced commercial law and Intellectual Property law for over 30 years. He leads the firm’s IP practice, including patent, trademark and copyright litigation and obtaining federal trademarks and copyrights.
Mr. Mullineaux is a business attorney and a trial attorney. He had 17 years’ experience with a Philadelphia Am Law 100 firm.
Mr. Mullineaux provides advice and guidance on patents, trademarks, and copyrights and commercial matters and provides commercial contracts, license agreements, including software licensing, restriction of use agreements, confidentiality agreements, sale of business agreements and other IP and commercial documents. He has acted as “outsourced in-house counsel.”
Mr. Mullineaux’s litigation and trial attorney experience provides a strong basis to prepare IP and commercial documents that provide solid protection of clients’ rights, interests and options.
Litigator and Trial Lawyer in Commercial and IP cases
Mr. Mullineaux successfully takes cases, jury trials and arbitrations to final verdict and has won multi-million dollar verdicts in business cases. Mr. Mullineaux is one of the few attorneys to win a jury verdict in an IP case. Mr. Mullineaux litigates before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Litigated cases involving breach of contract, patent, trademark, copyright, real estate, covenants not to compete, confidentiality agreements, fraudulent conveyances, business torts, claims against directors and officers, securities, business torts, confession of judgment, real estate development disputes, mortgage foreclosure, construction defects and employment termination. He masterminds all phases of federal and state cases with comprehensive knowledge of commercial, contract and IP law.
Lead counsel in patent infringement cases involving one patent against AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and others in eight states and supervised and managed local counsel in all cases.
Mr. Mullineaux is admitted to the courts of the Supreme Court of the United States, United States Court of Appeals of the Third Circuit, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and all Pennsylvania state courts. He has litigated cases in many federal courts around the United States.
Mr. Mullineaux has resolved many cases with use of mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Mullineaux has international arbitration experience before the International Chamber of Commerce International Court of Arbitration.
- Shippensburg Univeristy, B.S.B.A. Finance, Summa Cum Laude, 1981
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 1984
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U. S. District Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U. S. District Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U. S. District Court for New Jersey
- American Bar Association; Co-chair Philadelphia Intellectual Roundtable Presentations which hosts and directs six seminars a year
- Montgomery County Bar Association; intellectual property committee
- Chester County Bar Association Chairman of Lawyer Referral Committee (1998-2003)
- Philadelphia Entrepreneurs’ Forum; Member and and former Board of Director member (1998-2005)